- Wasps can be found everywhere except for Antarctica.
- Wasps can recognize another wasp by identifying the individual from their unique facial patterns.
- There are 30,000 identified species of wasps.
- Wasps can create their own paper to build their nests with by chewing and spitting out pieces of bark.
- Social wasps use their stingers as a defence, whereas solitary wasps use their stingers and venom for hunting.
- Only female wasps have stingers, and the stingers are actually a modified egg-laying organ.
- Wasps come in any colour imaginable including red, orange, green, blue, and, of course, yellow and black.
- Wasps have proven to be capable of using logic. They can use two separate pieces of information to draw a conclusion. This is believed to be the first suggestion that invertebrates are able to use logical deduction.